Subscribe
Your Ad Here

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Interview with NFS: Pro Street Model Krystal Forscutt


A chat with Krystal Forscutt, the Aussie stunner who stars in Need for Speed ProStreet…

How did your involvement with EA and Need for Speed ProStreet come about?
I met one of the guy’s from EA’s creative team [at a promotional event for Need for Speed Carbon] and then a few months later they approached me to be involved in Need For Speed ProStreet. Apart from modelling this is my first major international project and to have the opportunity to be a part of something that very few people have is really amazing. I’m so excited to see the final product, see myself as a [videogame] character and also play the game.

How was your experience being photographed for the game? Would you consider being involved in other games in the future?
I was flown over to Vancouver to be photographed for the game. It was my first time to Canada so that was exciting in itself. I was only there for four days and all of the shots were taken in the one day, the other few days a spent getting over the jet lag, doing wardrobe fittings and trying to see as much of Vancouver as possible. I also visited the EA studios and met some of the team and got to see the artists in action, it was so fascinating and made me realise how much work actually goes into the game. The day of the shoot was very hectic as you could imagine but also a lot of fun and it was completely different to anything else I’ve ever done before. They shot me at almost every possible angle and captured all my different facial expressions so that the animation looks as realistic as possible. If the opportunity arises I would absolutely love to be apart of another similar project.

Are you a gamer yourself? If so, what do you play?
To be honest I am not much of a gamer. I’m actually not all that co-ordinated but I played Need For Speed Carbon and really enjoyed that. I’ll definitely be playing Need for Speed ProStreet though, I can’t wait!

Now let’s get to the big question: is it true that guys who drive sports cars are compensating for something?
I can’t really speak for all women but a lot of us do think that they are trying to make up for something that is less than impressive. But I think a lot of people are hiding behind a disguise to a certain degree. Some people act over confident to cover up insecurities, some women use shopping to fill a void in their life and some men like to buy expensive shiny toys to hide behind.

Good, because we drive a beaten up 1987 Mazda – it’s nice to know that the ladies are getting the right idea about us. Are you into cars? What kind of car do you drive, and what’s your dream car

The ironic thing is I don’t even have my full license! I am still on my L’s but I need a few more hours under my belt before I’ll feel completely confident. I’m not really into new cars; I prefer something classic with a lot of character. Something like a Mustang or a Valiant – although a Hummer would be pretty cool!

Indeed. Need for Speed ProStreet is set to feature a lot of car customisation. Do you have any idea how ‘rack and pinion’ steering works (because we totally don’t)?
Ha ha, I have absolutely no clue! All I know is that the cars are going to look very realistic and it will be hard to tell the difference between an in-game car and the real deal.

Speaking of realism, ProStreet is also set to feature some spectacular car crashes. Given your good looks, have you ever caused any car crashes yourself?
No I don’t believe I have, but if nobody was hurt it would be kind of cool. Apparently years ago there was a billboard somewhere in the US with Christie Brinkley on it and they had to take it down because it caused so many accidents.

Perhaps they shouldn’t have placed it across four lanes of the freeway. Now be honest, are male gamers the most desirable blokes on the planet, or what?
Well I don’t mind gamers but not those ones that are completely obsessed, they can be pretty freaky! I like guys that are more outside, get your hands dirty types but on rainy days I guess that’s ok to stay in, only if it’s Need For Speed of course, ha ha!

Phew, it’s just as well we’re only moderately obsessed with games. Since being a contestant on Big Brother, you’ve done a lot of modelling, you’ve sung on Channel 7’s It Takes Two, and now you’re appearing in one of the most popular videogames on Earth. What’s next for you, given that you’re likely to get a lot of exposure worldwide from your involvement in Need for Speed ProStreet?

This last year has been a complete whirlwind for me and I have had some amazing opportunities and experiences. If you told me that I would be doing all these crazy things 12 months ago I never would have believed it, not in a million years. Although, I am really grateful to be riding this wave and I have decided that I am going to take some time to find what I am truly passionate about and focus on working on my skills. I am enrolling in an acting and TV presenting course and I am going to continue taking singing lessons twice a week. I figure if you never try, you’ll never know what you’re good at and what makes you happy so it’s just trial and error until I discover that.

Well we wish you all the best. One last thing; would it be inappropriate for us to make a cheap joke about ‘frontside air bags’ in this article (because we kind of just did)?
Wow, how original of you!

You’re right – boy, we feel embarrassed. We’re so glad we didn’t go with the one about ‘being on high beam’! Krystal, thanks very much for your time.

No comments:

Your Ad Here